Teams possess the possibility for incredible power within an organization—when they’re healthy and synergistic. But they can also be a breeding ground for all the problems common to the human condition—ego, politics, greed, laziness, you name it.
Our Vital Teamwork™ Series takes team members through an experience that allows them to see how much more is possible—and how much of it is within their grasp.
Could Vital Teamwork help your company’s productivity? If you’re like most leaders, you’ve experienced these issues:
- Teams function more as a collection of individuals than a team—sometimes team members even work at cross-purposes to each other
- Projects are completed too late and over budget on a regular basis
- Excuses are considered as acceptable as results
- Difficult conversations are routinely avoided, until the tension erupts in finger-pointing and blaming
- People spend a lot of time protecting themselves—and even sabotaging each other—rather than advancing the interests of the team
Whether your team is teetering on the edge of greatness or rebounding from a past disappointment, we can help you. Contact us.
What happens when it’s safe to leap
Our experience is that people’s poor behavior comes to the forefront when they feel unsafe—and stressed. Vital Teamwork creates an earthquake-proof foundation of safety for team members. Suddenly, it’s okay for people to expose their vulnerability and compassion. They can take personal responsibility without being clobbered.
As a result, any topic is open for candid and respectful discussion. Conflict can be productive, not damaging. People uncover problems before they escalate, and make decisions quickly. Pettiness vanishes, and is replaced with a sense of pride, a compelling vision for the future, a commitment to the leader and each other. Suddenly, work doesn’t feel like…work.
How Vital Teamwork works
There are no ropes, harnesses, hiking boots or tents involved.
Personal inquiry, reflective dialogue and introspection—during interactions with the facilitator and other participants—all contribute to a unique experience.
Our model is centered around building trust, managing productive conflict and creating results. We’ve learned that these elements build on one another—trust is a pre-requisite for the ability to engage in open dialogue and fully engaged conversation, and both are essential for organizations to achieve their goals.
The Vital Teamwork Series is comprised of three programs, each one self-contained but also building on the previous programs. Each program is conducted over three consecutive full-day workshops. Ideally, the programs are spaced two months apart to allow for real-time application of course concepts.
Vital Teamwork 1: Individuals of the Team
- Focus: self-awareness
- Vision: who I am being as a member of the group
- Responsibility: recognize my power to make things happen and take responsibility for how I impact others
- Partnership: recognize the “tools of my craft” are working relationships with people
Vital Teamwork 2: The Team as Team
- Focus: appreciating and leveraging interdependency
- Vision: a new standard for the “way we work around here”
- Responsibility: value and appreciate the talents of individuals, further the foundation of safety
- Partnership: raise the bar for what the team can accomplish, propel the team toward results
Vital Teamwork 3: Team to Team
- Focus: the entire organization
- Vision: all teams are interdependent in the bigger picture
- Responsibility: collaborate with and influence other teams to new levels of synergy
- Partnership: build effective cross-organizational team-based results
Experience Vital Teamwork. We invite your inquiry, and would be happy to demonstrate our process for you in a half-day Vital Teamwork workshop for several people in your organization. Contact us.
Developing your workforce doesn’t stop at the team level. Read about our Claim Leadership™ Series.
DISC™ Profile is a trademark of Target Training International, Ltd. All rights reserved. Vital Teamwork™ is a trademark of Vitalwork, Inc.