Today, managers are the fulcrum upon which the entire company will pivot toward success—or not. In an era when our work environments are increasingly complex, demanding and unpredictable, you must have managers willing to seize a position of greater responsibility and accountability.
It’s not easy to achieve. Every day we work with senior leaders who tell us:
- I wish my managers would step up to participate more fully in running this company—especially given their talent—but I can’t seem to get the results I need.
- Too many of my managers believe that the way we have worked in the past will somehow be sufficient to meet today’s new challenges.
- Our leadership talent is spread too thin.
- This company has a history of success, so it can be difficult to get my managers to see the need to do things differently.
It can be different. Your managers can Claim Leadership. Contact us.
What Claim Leadership means
We call it leaders having their say—tapping into their need for a quality work experience, not just money or status. As they “claim leadership” they become partners with senior management in contributing to the workplace, leveraging the talent of their team and colleagues, and creating a culture in which people, work relationships and results are all valued equally. They recognize that it’s their job to understand and translate the company vision to their people, and to transform their people’s talent into performance.
How Claim Leadership works
The Claim Leadership series guides managers through three progressive levels of focus—vision, responsibility and partnership—with business results as the driving force.
This is not a typical training program. We use a set of models, tools and philosophies that lead people to open their minds about what is possible. Personal inquiry, reflective dialogue and introspection—during interactions with the facilitator and other participants—all contribute to a unique experience for each new leader.
We recommend you invite managers who are in positions critical to the company’s success and who have a large scope of influence, whether formal or informal.
Each of the three programs is conducted over six full days of leadership workshops spaced three to four weeks apart. This allows for concepts to germinate and be practiced in real life. “Homework” between sessions is designed for practical application to issues currently experienced in the workplace—motivating employees, encouraging team effectiveness, fostering business conflict management, etc.
Claim Leadership 1: Manager as Leader
- Focus: self-awareness
- Vision: create a compelling future for myself
- Responsibility: recognize my power to make things happen and take responsibility for how I impact others
- Partnership: recognize the “tools of my craft” are working relationships with people
Claim Leadership 2: Manager as Coach
- Focus: appreciating and leveraging interdependency
- Vision: create a compelling vision for my team
- Responsibility: create an environment for people to coach and be coached
- Partnership: recognize unique individual talents of team members, leverage the team for results
Claim Leadership 3: Manager as Steward
- Focus: corporate and cultural citizenship
- Vision: create a self-sustaining organization through widespread collaboration
- Responsibility: take action outside of my area for the greater good
- Partnership: build effective cross-functional interdependency throughout organization
Learn more. Download our Claim Leadership brochure.
Experience Claim Leadership. We invite your inquiry, and would be happy to demonstrate our process for you in a half-day Claim Leadership workshop for several people in your organization. Contact us.
DISC™ Profile is a trademark of Target Training International, Ltd. All rights reserved. Claim Leadership™ is a trademark of Vitalwork, Inc.